Skip to main content

2018 MET GALA ROUNDUP

The biggest night in fashion was held on Monday 7 May 2018 at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in my favourite city in the world (one day I'll be happy to say I've been there) New York City. The theme for this year was Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination, basically a Madonna tribute since she has been wearing religious jewellery since the 1980's.

The co-chair for the event was Donatella Versace and the co-hosts were Rihanna and Amal Clooney. The outfits were fabulous, some were not so impressive. There were some obvious absentees such as Beyonce. I was overally impressed with the looks that the A-list served at the Oscars of fashion.

Here are our favourite looks from the night.

Co-host and Queen of the Met Gala Rihanna in Martin Margiela by  John Galliano

Blake Lively in Atelier Versace

Solange killing it in Iris Van Herpen

The Queen of New York Sarah jessica Parker


Cardi B serving pregnancy goddess chic

Black Panther Chadwick Boseman in Atelier Versace






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roundup: ‘Blood Legacy’

The latest release from Gambit Productions ‘Blood Legacy’ has just rightfully earned its spot on the list of the productions that have set the bar amongst this year’s releases with its stellar cast and quality production aesthetic that has had South Africa buzzing with excitement. You know those goosebumps you feel after watching a trailer for an upcoming Netflix or Showmax release, that is what I felt after I watched the trailer for Blood Legacy for the first time. The show which is set in Durban lived up to the standards that were set by the trailer. A great cast is the key ingredient The first aspect of the show that grabs your attention when you watch the first episode is the amazing casting. The combination of the legendary, veteran and the up-and-coming actors that we are lucky to have here in South Africa can be found on the show.   The legendary would be the late Connie Chiume and Sello Maake Ka-Ncube, the veterans would be Xolile Tshabalala, Pallance Dladla, Enhle...

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE: SAFW OPENING NIGHT PRESENTED BY CRUZ VODKA

  CRUZ VODKA GOES FLORAL FOR SAFW OPENING NIGHT CELEBRATION OPENING PARTY PICS   Johannesburg, South Africa -  Langhams Lifestyle Estate was ablaze with the hottest fashion affair of the season as CRUZ Vodka hosted an electrifying opening party. Attended by the crème de la crème of the South African fashion world, the event set a new standard for style, sophistication, and innovation ahead of South African Fashion Week, which kicks off tonight in Mzansi. Themed around the vibrant energy of New York with a delicate touch of floral, the dress code inspired attendees to showcase their unique interpretations of metropolitan chic intertwined with natural beauty. The result was a visual spectacle, with guests adorned in avant-garde ensembles that seamlessly blended urban flair with botanical elegance. Among the luminaries gracing the event were the icons of South African fashion, including the illustrious "stylist to the stars," Phupho Gumede, whose innovative styling has gra...

THE REAL HOUSEWIVES CORNER..........

It cannot be argued that one of the biggest reality tv franchises that have captured the world is the Real Housewives franchise. I am a dedicated fan and I am a follower of most of the cities. I will be using this segment of the blog to comment on the Real Housewives franchises so enjoy..... 1. The introduction of The Real Housewives of Lagos I must say that today was a significant day for the African Real Housewives franchises because they just received serious competition in the form of the ladies of Lagos. The premiere episode contained what I love in every premiere Real Housewives episode; we got a glimpse into the lives of five of the ladies and the episode contained both a touch of shade and humor. The only criticism I have is that the producers spent way too much screentime on each cast member this resulted in us as the viewers not getting enough scenes of the ladies interacting together but it was sufficient to get us to tune in next week. I must say I already have a few favori...