Skip to main content

PERSON OF INTEREST: IMKHIThA MANI


Hey beautiful people, I hope you are all well and surviving this tough yet beautiful journey called life. I have decided to add a new feature to the blog that will be titled, 'Person of Interest'. This feature is dedicated to individuals who are paving their own way and making a name for themselves in their respective careers.

One of the many images that she has styled

Our inaugural person interest is the talented Imkhitha Mani. The reason why we are profiling is because she is currently a radio disk jockey at In4Radio, a fashion stylist and she has great style to top it all off. She credits her love of fashion and her entry into fashion styling to her mother as she was a designer. She states that " I was always around fabric and I saw how she was a visionary in changing spaces so I gravitated towards the fashion but on a conceptualizing aspect , hence styling" when she describes how her mother introduced fashion to her.

She is a genius behind the mic

When it comes to the challenges that come with being a stylist, she states that the fashion styling industry in Port Elizabeth is very small. She then goes on to describe the style of Port Elizabeth residents, as that they are "very stylish but they are not trend setters and that the bay fashion scene is very relaxed". As a stylist Imkhitha has worked with a large number of notable Port Elizabeth - based  brands from Feelings of the Red Heart, Tsoofi. She has also added working with creative and popular disk jockey Sam Jennings on a 90's themed photo shoot for the one year anniversary of the Sam Jam sessions.

Her take on styling the white tee

The future is very bright for Imkhitha as she is currently working with variety of designers regarding collaborations for an emerging clothing line. We can also expect a t-shirt line towards the end of the year. It seems the future is very bright for this fashionista.

90's inspired shoot for sam jennings styled by Imkhita Mani

You can contact her at: Email- imkhitham@gmail.com
Facebook - Imkhitha Mani


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roundup: ‘Blood Legacy’

The latest release from Gambit Productions ‘Blood Legacy’ has just rightfully earned its spot on the list of the productions that have set the bar amongst this year’s releases with its stellar cast and quality production aesthetic that has had South Africa buzzing with excitement. You know those goosebumps you feel after watching a trailer for an upcoming Netflix or Showmax release, that is what I felt after I watched the trailer for Blood Legacy for the first time. The show which is set in Durban lived up to the standards that were set by the trailer. A great cast is the key ingredient The first aspect of the show that grabs your attention when you watch the first episode is the amazing casting. The combination of the legendary, veteran and the up-and-coming actors that we are lucky to have here in South Africa can be found on the show.   The legendary would be the late Connie Chiume and Sello Maake Ka-Ncube, the veterans would be Xolile Tshabalala, Pallance Dladla, Enhle...

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE: SAFW OPENING NIGHT PRESENTED BY CRUZ VODKA

  CRUZ VODKA GOES FLORAL FOR SAFW OPENING NIGHT CELEBRATION OPENING PARTY PICS   Johannesburg, South Africa -  Langhams Lifestyle Estate was ablaze with the hottest fashion affair of the season as CRUZ Vodka hosted an electrifying opening party. Attended by the crème de la crème of the South African fashion world, the event set a new standard for style, sophistication, and innovation ahead of South African Fashion Week, which kicks off tonight in Mzansi. Themed around the vibrant energy of New York with a delicate touch of floral, the dress code inspired attendees to showcase their unique interpretations of metropolitan chic intertwined with natural beauty. The result was a visual spectacle, with guests adorned in avant-garde ensembles that seamlessly blended urban flair with botanical elegance. Among the luminaries gracing the event were the icons of South African fashion, including the illustrious "stylist to the stars," Phupho Gumede, whose innovative styling has gra...

THE REAL HOUSEWIVES CORNER..........

It cannot be argued that one of the biggest reality tv franchises that have captured the world is the Real Housewives franchise. I am a dedicated fan and I am a follower of most of the cities. I will be using this segment of the blog to comment on the Real Housewives franchises so enjoy..... 1. The introduction of The Real Housewives of Lagos I must say that today was a significant day for the African Real Housewives franchises because they just received serious competition in the form of the ladies of Lagos. The premiere episode contained what I love in every premiere Real Housewives episode; we got a glimpse into the lives of five of the ladies and the episode contained both a touch of shade and humor. The only criticism I have is that the producers spent way too much screentime on each cast member this resulted in us as the viewers not getting enough scenes of the ladies interacting together but it was sufficient to get us to tune in next week. I must say I already have a few favori...